In general terms, the researchers at the Centre for Voting and Parties study:
- The electorate: opinions, values, knowledge, and behavior
- Elections: to the Danish parliament (the folketing), local authorities, regional councils, the European Parliament, etc.
- The political parties: their organisation, members, behaviour, etc.
- Parliaments and their institutions, especially the Danish parliament, its committees, party groups, etc.
- Electoral campaigns and campaigning, including the communication of parties, etc.
These topics are studied both from a specifically Danish perspective and from an international, comparative perspective.